Monday, July 14, 2014

World Cup Final Brazil 2014

Winners: Germany
Golden Ball: Lionel Messi

It is a good game really. From day 1 the Albiceleste entered the finals, many think they don't stand a chance. But they fought bravely until the very end. They didnt have Angel Di Maria and Sergio Aguero wasnt in top form. The rest of the team was mediocre. Though i must give credit to the defenders for fighting until the very last few minutes of the game. They did well, they all did well. And if i am given the opportuity to say something to Argentina...it would be "Well done guys, thank you for doing your very best and giving us such an interesting game to watch" They just looked so exhausted...Albiceleste, I am proud of you. You didnt lose, you got second place. I know that in your eyes thats just not good enough but hey really, look on the bright side. You got past the quarter finals and you are in the finals for the first time in 20 over years. You have achieved what previously couldnt be achieved and a lot of you are still young and still can have another go in 4 years time.

Lionel, you did your best. You are the best player of the tournament and you've got the Golden Ball to prove it. As captain, you are great. Its just that you didnt have enough support from your teammates and its not your fault. Your best partners were injured or recovering from injury. The rest of them probably need to improve on skills for the next tournament but you did great. You had to stay in the shadows of Diego Maradona this whole time and at the same time u carry the weight of the nation on your shoulders. I feel your stress and burden. But its okay....you are only 27, 4 years from now you can still lead your country to victory. Sleep on it mi amor and wake up tomorrow and look forward. You still have your whole career ahead of you.

You have been my inspiration since the start of this tournament Lionel. You still are...and i as a fan, admirer makes a vow that in the next four years i will also do my best to improve myself. In terms of career and other personal achievements. I strive for one to be able to do something that would make a difference to the world. And I would also try my best to learn some Spanish so that if ever i get the chance to meet you we can have a conversation?I would love to have your autograph. Maybe i'll have a chance to in the next four years. Hopefully your English will also improve by then. Apart from that i also pledge to do more charity work and champion more causes that matter to the world. I will in the next four years make myself, my family and hopefully my nation proud of me and i hope that you would be able to do that too.

See you in Russia 2018.

No comments: